Saturday, January 21, 2006

How Long has it Been..........



This title has two meanings. First, we are not so good at keeping up with this blog. I understand why people do not check it very often. Second, it has been over a month now since we have left New Zealand, and it seems to always be on my mind. As we look towards our future, and stay with in-laws and friends, it becomes difficult at times to think that we are suppose to be here instead of there. But searching for truth and seeking after God, I know that we are in the right place, for now. I have been leading worship at a church called the Journey, and speaking and singing at my father's church, and our pre-NZ church Impact, along with Angele. It has been a busy time for us, and yet I don't feel as if I am doing much of anything.
The weather here is constantly changing, not much different then Auckland in that respect, but much much colder. We got 3 or 4 inches of snow last night, but it will be gone tonight as the sun is out.

So here are a few pictures for you all. One at new years, and the other at Impact while we practiced for the service. Brett and Kristen Jones are also there.

By the way, while I was in New Zealand I got to know Frank Ritchie, and I can say from a Pastoral stand point, as well as from our friendship, that Frank is an outstanding man of God, who has a wife, and a great relationship to the church. I am convinced that God is using him to reach thousands on a regular bases that may otherwise never hear the name of God. If you get the chance check out his blog
http://www.fritchie.blogspot.com

And I will sign this so that you all know who is saying these things,
RYAN GERTEN

9 Comments:

Blogger servant said...

"it becomes difficult at times to think that we are suppose to be here instead of there"

Aint that the truth.... feel free to come back ASAP so we can hang out together more and get to know each other heaps better.

4:31 PM  
Blogger jeanie said...

I understand and totally relate with "it becomes difficult at times to think that we are suppose to be here instead of there". I was in the same position when I moved to NZ from Melbourne.

It'll get better and easier as time goes by. Hang in there and yes, you are welcome back here anytime!!!

6:23 PM  
Blogger servant said...

Jean is wonderful, but don't listen to her ;o) ... it won't get any easier at all over there, just harder. You're meant to be here.

If it gets easier it's just because the life and vitality is beign sucked out of you over there and complacency is setting in! :o)

9:53 PM  
Blogger jeanie said...

Now now Frank....so does this mean that "life and vitality is beign sucked out of you over there and complacency is setting in!" for me too?!!!!

Coz I'm finding it easier each day being here and dealing with people just like you..... :)

I say, don't listen to Frank!

2:34 AM  
Blogger Ryan & Angele said...

Wow, thanks for fighting about us guys! In a strange, probably dysfunctional, way I feel so...loved!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Rhett said...

Good to hear it confirmed that Frank is married. I'd heard from a reliable source...

5:16 PM  
Blogger servant said...

I've heard from a reliable source that Ryan is pretty reliable...

Jean, it's getting easier for because this is NZ. NZ puts the life into people... every other country sucks it out of them. Hence, you'll get to the point where you won't want to be anywhere else and if you do go, the life will get sucked out of you ;o)

Now just agree or I'll smash you ;o)

10:58 PM  
Blogger jeanie said...

sorry Frank but I'm just gonna have to keep disagreeing with you this NZ issue.

As much as I am meant to be here, Melb is still home to me and it'll be great when I am able to settle down there....

And I think you're just gonna have to smash me :D

11:26 PM  
Blogger servant said...

"As much as I am meant to be here, Melb is still home to me and it'll be great when I am able to settle down there...."

Walking in the light is a journey and obviously you're still stepping into the light.

"And I think you're just gonna have to smash me "

Bring it sister! ;o)

Seriously though, I hear what you're saying. But for Ryan and Angele, the truth is that NZ is where they're meant to be and hopefully they will be some time in the very near future ;o), just as for you, I hope and pray that a life in Melbourne may be realised for you when the timing is right if that feels like it's where you're meant to be at some stage.

Much love to you all (but don't think I aint gonna lay the smack down some time when you least suspect it)

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home