Sunday, February 19, 2006

How Many Licks Does it Take to Get to the Center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?


Today I sit and ponder this question, not because I have recently had a tootsie roll pop, but because it seems more relevant some how. The answer to this question depends on several variables, the size of the tongue, the length of the lick, how hard one licks, and so on. It is interesting to me that this actually has application to my life. To get to the center of who I am suppose to be is not all that different in process. It depends on the size of the call, how long it might take, how hard I am willing to work at it, and is it truly worth it.

I got to lead worship today for the Journey, a church here in Michigan. It was great to see God's people engaged in worship. I am interviewing at this church, and am very much enjoying being a part of it. And as I seek out the call on my life, and pray about our next steps, it is interesting to me that no matter how much you see there is still more. This is where we differ from a tootsie roll pop. A tootsie roll pop has an end, and man is it a good one. But we may get to the place we have always felt called to and realize that this is just the next step on the process of our call. Although we could be at the Journey if things work out for a very long time, I know that this is not all that God has for me and Angele.

Please pray for us as we seek out God's call on our lives, and figure out how and when we will both go back to school.

And, if you haven't already, have a tootsie roll pop today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home